Subject: [Boost-users] read_graphviz in 1.4x series
From: Cyrus Hall (hallc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-14 07:57:42

Ciao all-

I've been happily using the boost graph library for a number of months
now. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this great piece of
software.

After upgrading from boost 1.38 to 1.40 in Ubuntu, read_graphviz now
prints to std::cerr the graph it has just read. I downloaded to the
source code to make sure this wasn't some cruft left over by the Ubuntu
package managers, and it seems these print statements are in the main
distribution package. This change seems to correspond with a complete
rewrite of the scanning and parsing underlying read_graphviz, which
seems to have happened between 1.39 and 1.40. 1.41 contains no changes
from 1.40 in read_graphviz_new.cpp.

The particular offending lines of code are in translate_results_to_graph
in read_graphviz_new.cpp, starting at line 760. This is called directly
from detail::graph::read_graphviz on line 796. I see no obvious way to
toggle these print statements.

But I also can't find other messages about this problem, so I'm guessing
I'm just missing something. Is there someway I can get read of this
debugging output?

Cheers,
Cyrus