Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost][statechart] Any way to print events received by a state even discarded ones
From: Babi Seal (sseal73_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-20 02:03:02

Hi,

I am struggling to figuring out when sometime I invoke process_event on a state-machine in a specific state I do not see the necessary transition taking place.

I know I am in a specific state because I log everytime I enter a state. Post mortem also I use the custom_static_type_ptr and state_iterator code to print the state the machine is in and I am able to confirm that I am in that said state.

I initially had defined a very straightforward state-machine and simple outer-state. And 9 out 10 times the simple event triggers the necessary transition but in a few instances I see no response/or transition.

Is there some way to see if the event got silently discarded. Is it being queued to the state-machine, an exception event raised. I just want to understand what is happening.

After the said event had occurred I print the state I expect to be in, print some member variables and things look ok so I am really at a loss for why the event would be just lost.

Thanks - I really really appreciate any debugging guidance.