Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [interprocess] shared map of string to string?
From: Tkil (tkil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-20 20:37:47

On Jan 19, 2010, at 19:50, Anthony Foiani wrote:

> I'm using boost.interprocess to build a map from string to string that
> can be shared between multiple processes, with all read/write access
> protected by a mutex. I'm having a hard time making it work.

Thanks to some helpful folks on freenode #boost pointing out the obvious, I got it working. My main mental block was not realizing that boost::interprocess::basic_string is just another basic_string implementation; it's structured to work better in shared memory, but the default instantiation is just a plain string (no fancy shared memory bits).

Thanks for the great library!

Regards,
Tony