Subject: [Boost-users] [BGL] Color Maps
From: pablo barrio lópez-cortijo (p.barrio.lopez_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 20:58:25

Hi there! I'm new to Boost (and also to this mailing list). I'm using depth_first_search and it's vital for me to be able to specify the root vertex (4th argument), and that means also specifying the Color Map, which I don't care too much about. It'd be great to have a default color map but I'm a newbie and I didn't found anything in the docs. My initial options were:

        a) Using sth like a "default_color_map" class. I ignore if there is such thing.

        b) Creating a property map out of a vector, something like "vector_property_map<default_color_type>". I tried and it didn't work.

        c) Including a property in my graph called "color" of type "default_color_type", and creating a property map out of it. Didn't work either. Actually, I get an error when trying to include the property with that type (compiles if the property is an int).

        d) Just copying the color map that the algorithm uses when called without the color map argument. Hoping to find out how the BGL code works was simply unrealistic so I abandoned the idea.

Is there any way to easily instantiate a Color Map? I'd post my code, but I have 6 or 7 versions none of which work. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks ahead!