Subject: [Boost-users] Strange output from boost::exception diagnostic_information
From: pholding (pholding_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-31 07:41:29

I've been having a look at the diagnostic_information function in the boost
exception library, but seem to be getting a strangely formatted output.

The code I'm using is as follows

Code:
#include <boost/exception/diagnostic_information.hpp>
#include <stdexcept>
#include <iostream>
void myerror(){
  throw boost::enable_error_info(std::range_error("blah"));
}
int main(){
  try{
    myerror();
  }
  catch(boost::exception & e){
    std::cerr << diagnostic_information(e) << std::endl;
  }
  return 0;
}The output is as follows:

Quote:
Throw in function (unknown)
Dynamic exception type: N5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorISt1
1range_errorEE
std::exception::what: blah

What I don't understand is why I'm getting N5, 16, 19, ISt11 and EE between
the details of the exception type. To rule out my code, I compiled the
example_io.cpp file provided in the boost example documentation and I'm
getting a similar output.

Does anyone what is causing the strange characters displayed?

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 and the version of g++ is 4.4.1