Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost any questions and praise
From: Alan Tennant (alan2here_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-03 12:51:38

I get an error that points me to this page
http://stlab.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting
Probably because I'm using VC++9 not 8.

Just to clarify I meant this.

std::string s1 = "1234";
std::cout<<s1.length(); // couts 4

adobe::polly p1;
p1 = s1;
std::cout<<p1.length(); // not necessarily this exact syntax. couts 4

std::string s2;
s2 = polly_cast<std::string>(p1);
std::cout<<s2;

So it's not going to be safe as in "type safe" but it may well be perfectly
safe.