Subject: [Boost-users] building boost under mingw-w64
From: Alexander Kalinin (alec.kalinin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-04 06:34:59

Hi,

Here some details about building boost under mingw-w64. I am using only
"threads" and "date_time" libraries from boost and I started to building
boost by command:

bjam --prefix=c:\boost toolset=gcc address-model=64 variant=debug,release
link=static,shared threading=multi --with-thread --with-date_time install

and I got an error:

./boost/thread/win32/basic_
timed_mutex.hpp:152: error: cast from 'void*' to 'long int' loses precision

This caused by the macros BOOST_INTERLOCKED_COMPARE_EXCHANGE_POINTER defined
in interlocked.hpp. This macros has several definitions that depends on
building defines. So I add BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H define into the building
command:

bjam --prefix=c:\boost toolset=gcc address-model=64 variant=debug,release
link=static,shared threading=multi --with-thread --with-date_time
define=BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H install

add boost was compiled successful.

The question is. Is it possible to build boost under mingw-w64 without
BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H define?