Subject: [Boost-users] [filesystem] how to get wstring value from wpath::external_file_string() with gcc?
From: Sachin Garg (schngrg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 05:04:31

I want wpath::external_file_string to return a unicode wstring.

On windows, with my visual studio project settings set to "Unicode
character set", it correctly returns a wstring. But on OSX (using
xcode/gcc) it tries to return a string.

I believe this is due to Traits::external_string_type. This is
supposed to be OS specific string type and I want my application to
use Unicode for all interactions with OS (filesystem paths,
command-line parameters etc), then boost will also set this type to
wstring.

How do I configure my project such that this trait is set to wstring?
Any xcode settings or gcc parameters or #defines?

SG