Subject: Re: [Boost-users] BOOST:ASIO how to do HTTPS authentication using SSL
From: Kumar, Akhilesh (Akhilesh.Kumar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 16:24:57

Thank Igor for pointing it out, Actually I do have http client working using boost::asio both for uploading and downloading a file for http server.

With simple http request and response I can use the TCP viewer and see what is being transferred over the wire, that helps me creating the request in right format.
But authentication request over HTTPS are encrypted and I am not sure how it lo like, also WinInet provide a special method for setting username and password, so I am not sure how the request looks like.

That why I was wondering about the format in which user name and password will be sent?

So I am looking for login/authentication example using socket/boost::asio.

Thanks,
Akhilesh Kumar