Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost.Asio] Compiling Boost.Asio with OpenMPI
From: vibhor aggarwal (vibhor.aggarwal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-14 09:33:42

Hello, I am trying to write a program which runs using OpenMPI on our cluster and communicates the results using TCP/IP to another machine which has a network connection to the cluster. I am using Boost.Asio for the TCP/IP connection. If I remove the MPI code from the executable and compile it with g++, it connects to the remote machine without a problem. But when I add a simple MPI code to it and compile with mpicxx and execute using mpirun, it generates a connection time out in the call to socket.connect(). Any idea what might be going wrong ? Thanks. Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW! http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/