Subject: [Boost-users] boost.asio Bus error on g++ 4.5 / Mac OS X 10.5.6
From: Orca X (trueorca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-15 22:27:06

Hi!

For some reason very simple program crashes with Bus error. code is
---------------------------
#include <iostream>
#include <boost/asio.hpp>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
std::cout << "xxx" << std::endl;
return 0;
}

---------------------------

Crash happens before any output is made. I'm using boost.build to build
executables.
The bug dissapears when building variant=debug. Gdb output:
---------------------------
Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000000
0x000019a8 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x000019a8 in ?? ()
#1 0x00001e90 in
boost::asio::detail::service_id<boost::asio::detail::reactive_descriptor_service<boost::asio::detail::kqueue_reactor<false>
> >::~service_id ()
Previous frame inner to this frame (gdb could not unwind past this frame)

Situation is that I'm building with g++4.5 installed from macports, with
--std=c++0x, but boost itself was built with regular gcc 4.0.1.
4.5 version located at /opt/local/* , boost located at /usr/local/*.

How could it happen that asio library destroys something even before my code
is reached? No library initialization involved.
Thanks in advance!