Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Polymorphic serialization with polymorphic archives problem...
From: dada_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-02-21 03:56:12

Hi,
I have the same scenario, and it's not a problem.
If i understand (my english is poor, sorry) well.
But there is differences:
   - I use GCC compilers (but boost is portable).
   - I use static linking.
Probably this differences should not have consequences on the result.
I didn't read your code... Had you follow this rules ?
   - Register child class (a simple way is using the BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT macro).
   - In the serialize method of your child class, call the
serialization of parent's class (optional). I use
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_BASE_OBJECT's macro.

If you register child class it should be ok...
Regards,
Damien.