Subject: [Boost-users] linking problems
From: Christian Meesters (meesters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-24 08:14:38

Hi,

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but I'm new to boost, so I don't know better.

My program is named yamas. Now, when I do

g++ -o trunk/yamas.o -c -fopenmp -O3 -Wall trunk/yamas.cpp

there aren't any warnings or errors, but

g++ -o yamas -fopenmp trunk/yamas.o

tells me

yamas.cpp:(.text+0x362): undefined reference to
`boost::program_options::options_description::m_default_line_length'

and goes on with many more compiler messages. My question now is, how
can I make g++ aware of boost during the linking process. I tinkered
with -L/usr/local/lib (where my boost libraries are), but without
success. Specifically stating -llibboost_program_options lets g++ tell
me that I cannot find this library. However, /usr/local/lib is in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and libboost_program_options.so in there - installed
today.

Any hints for me?

TIA
Christian