Subject: [Boost-users] [iostream] exception propogation
From: Anand Patel (anand.apatel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-24 11:18:46

I came across interesting exception propagation behavior across different
platform (win32, linux). I have created several filters and custom
filtering stream with my filters (boost 1.38-1.41). My filter throws
BOOST_IOSTREAMS_FAILURE("some message"); whenever error condition occurs.
On Linux exception gets propagated all the way to user using my stream. On
Windows XP (VS 2008) it gets caught somewhere in boost framework or
Windows. Moreover, after exception is silently caught and dropped, all the
filters close method is called. This is where I run into issue.
Is there anyway to ensure that upon exception no more data processing takes
place withing filtering_stream and its chain?

-Anand