Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Polymorphic serialization withpolymorphic archives problem...
From: Bogdan (bogdan.indy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-25 06:50:03

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> > What is worrisome though, isomorphic serialization of

> > polymorphic_derived1 as an object followed by polymorphic

> > serialization through a pointer to the base class FAILS WITH ACCESS

> > VIOLATION:

> > Isomorphic serialization of a class not related to the hierarchy as

> > an object followed by polymorphic serialization through a pointer to

> > the base class WORKS AS EXPECTED.

> I'm not sure what the above means.

I hoped this would help narrow the 'access violation' issue:

- mixing isomorphic and polymorphic serialization seems to be problematic
whenever the object using isomorphic serialization is also a part of the
hierarchy for which we use polymorphic serialization.

- on the other hand, if the object belongs to a totally independent class we
do not have this issue.

Is it possible this is also related to the registration of serializers?

Bogdan