Subject: [Boost-users] boost::asio acceptor::cancel() behavior.
From: Jivan Amara (Development_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-25 01:38:01

Hi all,
I'm looking at the documentation for acceptor::cancel(), which states
that it will:
"Cancel all asynchronous operations associated with the acceptor.",

then in the detailed description states:
"This function causes all outstanding asynchronous connect, send and
receive operations to finish immediately, and the handlers for cancelled
operations will be passed the |boost::asio::error::operation_aborted|
error. "

The wording is unclear to me. What are send and receive operations
associated with the acceptor? Are these reads and writes performed
using sockets that were connected through this acceptor, or just the
network overhead required to perform accepts?

Thanks,
Jivan