Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [fusion] Introspection of fused objects?
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-26 03:24:50

Steven Watanabe wrote:

> What are you casting to a superclass?

The functor merge_fused above is not a proper fused function object. In this
case, I did a

template< typename Base, int N >
struct select: Base {

   template< typename Seq >
   void operator()( Seq& seq ) {
       Base::template operator()<N>(seq);
   }
}

to make N proper fused function objects. Although it is a nice trick, I
guess this was not my real question.

> What is the "Fused Counterpart" of Seq.

This is more in the direction of the real question :-) .. The question is,
I guess, if you do

g = make_fused( f )

then, are the parameter types of f still available in g somehow?

> Is Seq always that same type?

No, it is not, and I suspect it is just the sequence type passed by the
user. To make it all safe (and, if I'm going to use this approach), I guess
I neeed to pass more type information myself.

Thanks,
Cheers,

Rutger