Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] class versioning changes in boost1.42 [patch]
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-27 17:51:08

Brian Wood wrote:
> Robert Ramey writes:
>> David Raulo wrote:
>> Why can't you just patch your own copy?

> From a comedic standpoint I think that's a good answer.

well as far a we know there is only one person affected with this
problem. Rolling back this line to 1.41 code would leave the
problem for other users to trip on. So in this case I think that's
a good option. At least until some better opportunity is found.

Another option is just to stay with 1.41. The main changes
from 1.41 to 1.42 are related to handling exported types
through DLLS. If this user isn't doing this, then there's
not much benefit to upgrading in any case.

> I've wondered if Robert deliberately misspells guarantee
> in order to emphasize that there is no guarantee.

lol - It's not deliberate - which I suppose illustrates the point
even better !

Robert Ramey