Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Log formal review upcoming
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-01 05:37:09

Vladimir Prus skrev:
> Boosters,
>
> the formal review of the Boost.Log library, written by Andrey Semashev, will
> start in a week from now, on March 8, 2010 and will run through March 17, 2010.
>
> The documentation for the current version is available at:
>
> http://boost-log.sourceforge.net

Hi Andrey,

I looked at the documentation, and couldn't find any comparison with
other libraries besides a small log4j comparison. Therefore I wonder
if such a comparison has been made, and if so, how it guided the design
decisions.

In particular, I would like to see a quite detailed comparison with
Pantheios:

http://www.pantheios.org/

It would also be good if you could use this library as one to benchmark
against.

I would also like to know how your library differs from the one that was
rejected by John Torjo, and how your library adresses the issue that was
found with that library?

Thanks for your work so far

-Thorsten