Subject: [Boost-users] Using the Boost Preprocessor
From: Rowan Sylvester-Bradley (rowan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-01 19:04:12

I've got an application where I need to generate a lot of repetitive
sections of 8051 assembler code. For this I need a pre-processor or macro
processor that has facilities for iteration and/or recursion. I'm currently
using a stand-alone C preprocessor (MCPP) to do conditional assembly etc.,
and someone suggested that the Boost pre-processor library might give me the

facilities I need for these repetitive code sections.

What do I have to download to get just the preprocessor libraries?

Also, can I use these libraries with any C or C++ preprocessor (such as
MCPP), or do I need something specific? I guess this boils down to - does
the Boost librbary use any compiler/preprocessor featires that I wouldn't
find in a standard C preprocessor?

Thanks for your help. These questions arise because I'm not using C or C++,
so the rest of Boost is presumably of no use to me - I just need the
preprocessor bit. I'm using Windows Vista, so any tools need to be Windows
compatible...

Thanks - Rowan