Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [traits/function_types/generic] Can F be called with{a0, ..., aN}?
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-03 09:53:04

Jesse Perla wrote:

> Yup. I think it is very useful. Though without getting it to work with
> phoenix
> or std::tr1::bind, I think it have limited appeal. I also would guess
> (though haven't tested) that the trick fails with boost::function as well.

I have it working in conjunction with Boost.Function. I extended
boost::function_types::parameter_types<T> to also work for boost::function.
Then, if the expression

is_callable< some_unknown_functor, boost_function_parameter_types >

evaluates to true, then I can do the assignment (the right one from a
variant of functions),

boost::function< known_signature > = some_unknown_functor

this works fine (the parameter types come from the boost::function). What do
you mean exactly by support for bind? As long as you supply the parameters,
it should work. I.e.,

is_callable< unknown_bind_expression, known_parameters >

should also work. Could you provide an example / test case?

Thanks,

Rutger