Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [graph][spirit] Boost.Graph and Boost.Spirit incompatible ?
From: Maxime van Noppen (maxime_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-04 14:10:08

On 03/04/2010 08:06 PM, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
> This is the same issue as variant actually -- the boost::get thing. The
> info object that is causing trouble in char.hpp contains a variant that
> it's trying to get a field from. It's too bad that a later library
> (variant) reused a name from an earlier one (graph), but it's probably
> too late to do anything about either one.

This seems quite critical to me. As the times goes, more and more boost
libraries might use variant and therefore become incompatible with
Boost.Graph. Wouldn't it be better to break backward compatibility for a
given release and solve this issue ? The backward compatibility is
already broken : our codebase compiles fine in Boost 1.39 and doesn't in
Boost 1.41 because of this issue.

--
Maxime