Subject: [Boost-users] Boost ASIO issue
From: A.Agrawal_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-03-04 18:31:59

Hello All,

Thanks for resolving my ASIO related issues so far, special thanks to Igor
R.

Now I am having a very strange problem. My program (based on chat server
example in ASIO documentation) work fine on a simulator machine and have
been tested thoroughly. But when I put it on another machine, it starts
giving strange problems some seems to be random but I observed one of them
very consistent.

  std::vector<boost::asio::const_buffer> buffers;
  buffers.push_back(boost::asio::buffer(_outbound_header));
  buffers.push_back(boost::asio::buffer(_outbound_message));
  buffers.push_back(boost::asio::buffer(_outbound_data));

  boost::asio::async_write(*_socket, buffers,
boost::bind(&DJClient::handle_write, this,
boost::asio::placeholders::error));

For the above code, handle_write is never called. I can see on the server
side that the server has received the request and has also sent the
response. But I do not receive the response in the client side. It seems
something is going wrong with io_service but don't know what. The same
code has worked on a different machine. Any help will be highly
appreciated.

Regards,
Anil Agrawal
Patrick Technology & Systems