Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [graph][spirit][variant] Boost.Graph and Boost.Spirit incompatible ?
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-05 00:44:33

> I thought at first that it would, but unfortunately not.
> Suppose that the argument is a built-in type...
>
> So, here's try #2 at making property_traits usable
> for SFINAE (untested).

I did some little fixes to this (patch to trunk version of
property_map.hpp attached) and it again passes the graph, graph_parallel,
and property_map test cases. Could you please try it again with the
variant bug cases?

> The other alternative is to make the second argument
> of get fully generic. This will guarantee it against errors, but
> the downside is that it will match too much.

I don't like that because get is actually used for two things in BGL:
for getting values from a property map, and for getting property maps
out of a graph. Making it fully general would lead to poorer error
detection and likely ambiguities between the two uses (there are already
some versions whose first parameter is fully generic).

-- Jeremiah Willcock