Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Serialization] Strange giant warning
From: Avi Bahra (avibahra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-11 04:50:42

>I'm speaking from memory and it's possible that the situation
>has changed since 1.39 and the message is now spurious. If so
>send a small test case which shows that the library has a bug.
>
>Robert Ramey

The case you highlight is correct, and should produce a
warning message. However a small variation shown below
produces the same message, which I believe is wrong .

This warning message is present in1.39, 1.40 on HPUX
and AIX , on Linux/gcc there is _no_ such warning.

class concrete {
};

class base {
 ~virtual base();
 vector<boost::shared_ptr<concrete> > vec_;
};

class derived : public base {
};

BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(Derived);

Here you will see the same warning message,
saying that class 'concrete' should be polymorphic.

  Best regards.
Ta,
   Avi