Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::regex on to match in the middle of a string
From: ninti_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-03-11 21:00:57

I'm a C++ and Boost newbie, and no regex guru, so don't quote me either :-)

One thing I notice in your expression is a \t character following the =. Isn't that only going to match a tab?

The boost::regex flag 'match_not_dot_newline' might be relevant, but since this flag must be explicitly set, it looks like dots match newlines by default.

Would something as simple as this work (assuming dots match newlines)?:

boost::regex ln0("WORD_TO_FIND=(.*)$", boost::regex::perl );

This assumes that the match you're looking for runs to the end of the string, which isn't clear.
I'm also not clear if you want to match a single word or multiple words.

Would stripping out newlines and replacing them with spaces first (or even later) help?

Mick

 On Fri 12/03/10 10:32 AM , OvermindDL1 overminddl1_at_[hidden] sent: