Subject: Re: [Boost-users] uBlas with Atlas
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-12 12:20:18

Kraus Philipp wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to install the numerical bindings for my boost, but I can't
> compile
> the examples. I had installed and compilde the Atlas Lib 3.9.23 with
> Lapack support and the Boost 1.42 with MPI Support under OS X Leo.
>
> I take a look at
> http://www.opentissue.org/wikitissue/index.php/Boost_bindings but I had
> checked out the bindungs with and without the -v1 prefix and try
> to compile the examples under the lib directory.
>
> How can I work with the boost uBlas structures and the Atlas lib, so I
> can use
> the Cholesky factorisation with a uBlas matrix? Can you help me to
> install
> the bindings correctly?

Sure, I can help with the one without the -v1 suffix. The regressions tests
should work for 98%, the examples however aren't ported yet to the newer
bindings structure. One of the major changes in the newer bindings is that
if you would like to use atlas, it's still blas, so

bindings::atlas::gemm( ... )

becomes

bindings::blas::gemm( ... )

and if you would like to compile and link against ATLAS, define

BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_BLAS_CBLAS

Hope this helps, please let me know if I can help further.

Cheers,

Rutger