Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost-users] [quickbook] '-' char instead of space in PDF document
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-16 08:38:00

On 16 March 2010 12:27, Andrey Torba <andreytorba_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I write my documentation using Boost.QuickBook. But there are '-' character
> instead of spaces In a generated PDF document in C++ code blocks . You can
> see it in the attached screenshot.
> How can i eliminate '-' chars.

It's impossible to say without looking at the source file, but I
suspect you've got an encoding problem, either with tabs or non
breaking spaces or something like that. You should always use US-ASCII
or UTF-8 for quickbook. I think I might add a check for invalid UTF-8,
which should detect such problems. Is this your doxygen documentation?
If you're using xslt, you'll need to make sure it's generating the
correct encoding.

The other possibility is that there's something wrong with the way
you're creating pdfs from docbook, If I could see your jamfiles I
might be able to check that.

Daniel