Subject: Re: [Boost-users] custom allocators Re:pool_alloc
From: B Hart (bhartsb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-17 16:47:45

Ok understood, but ?s:

1. when the set goes out of scope does the instance of the class get
destroyed? As I understand, singleton only guarantees that there is
one instance, so the implementation semantics could vary. e.g. the
singleton is more like a class factory guaranteeing 1 instance.
2. When the set goes out of scope is any memory released? Setting
the node to it's internal node type sort of implies that the memory
has been released already.
3. "the allocator actually used by the set is using a different underlying
pool than v"...what do you mean??? there are two pools. I'm getting confused.