Subject: Re: [Boost-users] custom allocators, pool_alloc release_memory() seems to be broken
From: B Hart (bhartsb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-18 18:47:02

So, I see likewise that 20 is the number per uint...I guess I missed
it earlier. So, once I determine that I guess I can safely use 20?

Another question: If I don't release but the set is destroyed then
that pool's memory will get re-used if I create another set? I assume
yes, but confirming.

A comment: I strongly encourage whoever keeps up the documentation put
in some additional notes about this behavior, and update the author's
contact e-mail. It is difficult when it is new and one already has
one's own code to deal with...e.g. while trying to figure this out I
had another issue with MSVS 2008 not showing local variables in the
debugger under Windows 7 64-bit. The VS issue only reared it's ugly
head in my pool_alloc test program. And running into multiple issues
at once is typical in my experience.