Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [interprocesss] managed_mapped_file mutex question
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-19 18:39:40

El 19/03/2010 19:16, Brett Gmoser escribió:
> Thanks for all your hard work on Interprocess, it's a great library. Do
> you mind giving us some ideas about how you plan to solve that problem?
> I'm in a position where I need to solve it, maybe I can contribute, or
> at least use ideas you may have as a base to solve it on my own.

I would like to think about emulating "robust mutexes" somehow. I don't
know how, and I suspect it will be really hard. But at least I would
like to detect if a process has died holding a mutex when another
process tries to lock it. That would impose also some overhead (each
time you lock a mutex you need to check if a process has died...

Not an easy task,

Ion