Subject: Re: [Boost-users] undefined reference to `boost::program_options
From: Ravi (lists_ravi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-23 00:30:20

On Monday 22 March 2010 11:32:54 G.NAGENDAR wrote:
> When i run my C++ program which is using boost library, i am getting these
> errors

[snip]

> When i try to link the program library ( -lboost_program_options-mt ) it is
> giving errors
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mt
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You seem to be on a *nix such as Linux where only the library package is
installed. You need to install boost-devel for your OS distribution, typically
via apt/yum. Installation of the devel package will provide the appropriate
symlinks.

One piece of advice: 1.34.1 is very old now. For new uses, please download
1.42 from the boost.org homepage and compile it yourself.

Regards,
Ravi