Subject: [Boost-users] [boost-build] dynamic linking and qt under Mac OS X (10.6)
From: Tim Odenthal (tim.odenthal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-30 14:08:40

Hi!

I'm having problems installing software which is compiling perfectly under windows and (k)ubuntu on a (intel) mac.
Having
using darwin ;
in the user-config.jam and having <link>static as a requirement in the jamroot, everything but the parts relying on qt compile, link and work. BUT:
- dynamic linking fails (leaving out the <link>static requirement)
- linking to the qt libraries fails ( as on ubuntu, I have " import qt ; \ using qt4 : /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.2 ;" in my user-config.jam, obviously with the correct path): the linker complaining about "ld: library not found for -lQtOpenGL_debug" (or the same without _debug for release mode) - there are files for *.a, *.la, *.framework, what is the linker looking for?

If I try to use "using gcc ;" not even static linking works, the linker complaining about "ld: unknown option: --start-group".

I installed qt from source in the most naive way (without any special options to configure).

Can anybody give me some hints what might be wrong - which options I should try or where else I went astray?

Thanks a lot in advance

Tim

P.S.: boost tarball was extracted to /usr/local/boost_1_42_0, I built the libraries we use (system, filesystem, serialization, date_time).