Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Cross compiling boost 1.33.1
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-31 12:12:42

srinath duraisamy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have to cross compile the boost 1.33.1 for my development board.
> I downloaded boost_1_33_1 from the sourceforge download page and I
> followed the steps provided as per this link (
> http://www.boost.org/doc/tools/build/doc/html/bbv2/tasks/crosscompile.html )
>
> 1. specify your cross compiler in |user-config.jam|
>
> using gcc : arm : arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ ;
>
> 2.
>
> bjam toolset=gcc-arm
>

> It needs bjam, so I download and installed the bjam from boost download
> page.
> when I run bjam toolset=gcc-arm, I am getting the following error:
>
> don't know how to make toolset=gcc-arm
> ...found 1 target...
> ...can't find 1 target...
>
> It will be very helpful, if someone guide me with the steps to cross
> compile boost1.33.1 version.

I'm afraid you are using instruction for current version of Boost.Build V2,
while 1.33.1 uses Boost.Build V1 by default. I really recommend you try
current release. If that's not possible, open tools/build/v1/gcc-tool.jam,
or similar, and read comments there -- you can specify the compiler to use
with -sGXX or something like that.

- Volodya