Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::timer elapsed time
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-31 17:02:49

Hi,

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Federico Golfrè Andreasi
  To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
  Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:44 PM
  Subject: [Boost-users] boost::timer elapsed time

  Hi,

      I've read the post from Roman, and I'm not sure that I've understand.

  Under linux the timer.elapsed() function will not return the total time needed to do all the operations but only the CPU time,
  this excludes network communication in parallel programs, time spent for I/O operations ?

  For example if I need to measure the time needed to read an input file I should not use the timer library? What else?

Maybe you are interested by the library on the review schedule Boost.Chrono. The implementaton is quite stable, and I don't plan to add more features before review. I'll concentrate in improving the documentation, the tests and the implementation.

The library can be downloaded from http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=chrono.zip&directory=System& and the documentation is online on the sandbox http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/libs/chrono/doc/html/index.html.

The library proposes several clocks, each measuring a specific time. Please let me know if this responds to your needs.

Best,
Vicente