Subject: [Boost-users] [program_options] Clearing variables_map
From: Jason Reich (jreich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-08 21:49:17

Hello,

I'm using boost::program_options to parse an command line within a running
program (i.e. not just at startup, whenever a new command comes in), and am
trying to avoid memory deallocation/reallocation. Is there any way reuse a
variable_map that has already had options stored into it?

If I use the std::map<>.clear() it seems to clear the stored values, but
when I next try to parse, the results are still empty. I think this is
happening because the m_final variable (as far as I can understand).

Is there some reason why the variables_map can't be cleared and reused?

thanks in advance for any insight you can provide,
Jason.