Subject: [Boost-users] How to serialize basic_string<unsigned char>
From: Martin Dietze (di_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-10 09:11:14

I want to serialize an existing (low level) class which
uses a `std::basic_string<unsigned char>' as member variable.
Compiling the code (boost/serialization/string.hpp is included)
fails with this message:

/usr/include/boost/serialization/access.hpp:109: error: ‘class std::basic_string<unsigned char, std::char_traits<unsigned char>, std::allocator<unsigned char> >’ has no member named ‘serialize’

As I understand, std::string is now treated as a simple data
type, but std:basic_string<unsigned char> is not. Is there
already existing support for such instanciations of
std::basic_string? Any hint on what I can do to get this
working?

Cheers,

M'bert

--