Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [function] Boost.Function won't compile under Borland DevStudio 2006
From: Fábio 'Petrucio' Stange (petrucio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-13 14:10:12

> 2010/4/13 Fábio 'Petrucio' Stange <petrucio_at_[hidden]>:
>
> But it otherwise works and runs just fine. Based on the error you
> posted in your first post, that is perfectly valid code, not sure what
> could be upsetting it, and not sure how it could be fixed without
> slowing down the code (which would be fine if you do not mind that),

I don't mind that.
> but there might still be further issues, especially if this compiler
> has issues with something as simple as boost::function. I do not see
> how this could easily be worked around, that compiler is unsupported
> by just about everything in existence due to how non-compliant it has
> always been (it even makes VC6 look intelligent by comparison), but
> perhaps just a plain function pointer would work fine if you do not
> need the enhanced capabilities of boost::function?

Yes, I've been using function pointers for awhile, but boost::function
does give me some extra leeway in defining callback functions inside
classes which I very much would like to use.

If a function requires a void(*callback)() function pointer, is there
any other way I can pass it a function declared
void FooBar::Callback() {}
without this function being a static member? That's what I was trying to
get boost::bind and boost::function to do.

Thanks,
Petrucio