Subject: [Boost-users] [interprocess] ARM atomic operations problem.
From: Ivan Dundek (i.dundek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-14 08:35:34

Hi all.
I've tried to test the boost IPC communication using:
- boost::interprocess::shared_memory_object
- boost::interprocess::mapped_region
- boost::interprocess::interprocess_mutex
- boost::interprocess::interprocess_condition
So I created shared memory, and when the first process put the data into
the shared memory, call the notify_one() method, to let the second
process know, taht there are data in the shared memory.
Everything is OK, when I'm using gcc 4.4.1 on linux.
But when I tried to cross-compile the sources using arm-linux toolchain,
which is based on gcc 3.3.2, I'm always geting error:
"#error No atomic operations implemented for this platform, sorry!"
I know, that if I will use gcc 4 and above, it will works. But is there
any workaround or fix, how to compile boost::interprocess on gcc 3.3.2?
Thank you for your advices.
Dundee.