Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Random] Good Truly-Random Seed
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-21 19:17:48

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Hossein Haeri <powerprogman_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> If this is no good, you need hardware random number
>> generators, of which there are many. You could also have a
>> look at random.org.
>
> Interesting website but that's not available as a piece of software usable directly on every machine. The application I am writing currently needs to be a standalone program runnable on every Windows.

random.org just uses one of those quantum random number generator
cards that generates true randomness, hence to be able to do the same
thing on a client PC, you need to install one of those cards. The
random_device in Boost should work fine on Windows too starting in
1.43, perhaps just target that?