Subject: [Boost-users] [UTF] Let my debugger catch unhandled exceptions
From: Adam Nielsen (a.nielsen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-24 09:20:15

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down a problem in my code that the Boost test framework
has isolated, however I'm finding it difficult to track it back to a line in
the source.

The Boost test framework likes to catch all exceptions, which means when you
run the code through a debugger it doesn't break at the point the exception
becomes unhandled, so you can't do a backtrace to see where it came from.

There is the option --catch_system_errors=no which works for some exceptions,
but not these ones. I'm using gdb and telling it to "catch throw" is painful
because there are dozens of exceptions thrown around correctly before it gets
to the unhandled one I'm interested in.

Is there some easy way I can tell UTF not to catch any exceptions?

Many thanks,
Adam.