Subject: [Boost-users] [GSoC] Student Proposals
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-27 08:47:21

Hi All,

I'd like to start by thanking all of the students who are interested in
working on the Boost C++ Libraries and submitted proposals. Unfortunately,
we can't fund every proposal we received (about 85), and the competition for
available funding slots (only 10) is very competitive. We carefully reviewed
every proposal based on the merits and feasibility of the work described. If
your proposal was not accepted, that does not mean that it was without
merit. We encourage all students to continue participating with the Boost
community as users and developers, regardless of the results of this
program, and look forward to seeing new proposals next year. If you are
interested in feedback about your proposal's review and how you can improve
the competitiveness of your submissions, feel free to contact me directly.

Having said that, congratulations to the students whose projects were
accepted. I will be sending out instructions soon on getting started and up
to speed with the Boost development infrastructure, Subversion, mailing
lists, etc. I'm will be posting the instructions to the Boost developers
mailing list (not users!). If you are a student whose project was accepted,
you need to subscribe to the Boost developer's mailing list [1].

I'd also like to thank all of the mentors for helping with the ranking and
assignment of student projects.

Thanks again and best regards,

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]