Subject: Re: [Boost-users] 64 bit Project
From: Christoph Rabel (christoph.rabel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-28 10:12:19

2010/4/28 Michael Jackson <mike.jackson_at_[hidden]>:
> Did you build boost from a "64 Bit" Command Prompt? Using the normal "Visual
> Studio Command Prompt" sets up for 32 bit compiles. Using the "Visual Studio
> 64 bit COmmand Prompt will compile 64 bit binaries. This is how I usually do
> it and it works just fine.

Oh, my. That's it.
In my case, since that shortcut is missig(probably because I didn't
add 64bit support at initial compiler installation) I started
"vcvarsx86_amd64.bat" and rebuild the libs(using above commands).
Afterwards it linked fine. THX alot!

Maybe a note in the documentation to use the 64bit command prompt or
execute the correct vcvars script would be helpful. It seems that this
step is so "obvious" that nobody (looked through several blogs)
comments on it. ;-)

Thx, Christoph