Subject: Re: [Boost-users] handling of daylight saving time...
From: John Dlugosz (JDlugosz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-30 17:05:31

If you are rewriting a known amount of files, one time, to match your updated code, then you can use a script or simple program just smart enough to get that right.

It needs to know the time-change points that occurred during the half year in question. Was it a spring-forward or fall-back? The former is no problem. The latter will give a duplicate hour. If data was recorded during both hours, you can figure out where it went backwards by noting the time moving backwards between successive data points. If no data was recorded during either hour, no problem. If data was recorded during one of those hours only, or funny conditions like the first half of the first hour and the second half of the second hour, then you are sunk as you cannot determine which hour bearing the same number it was.

> I made a mistake, that's why. Now I have about a year worth of data and
> the
> recorder runs uninterrupted for the last half a year:) I have to
> rewrite the
> data to a new UTC format, but I don't know if it is possible to get rid
> of
> this gap using datetime library facilities. I am thinking of something
> like
> this:

TradeStation Group, Inc. is a publicly-traded holding company (NASDAQ GS: TRAD) of three operating subsidiaries, TradeStation Securities, Inc. (Member NYSE, FINRA, SIPC and NFA), TradeStation Technologies, Inc., a trading software and subscription company, and TradeStation Europe Limited, a United Kingdom, FSA-authorized introducing brokerage firm. None of these companies provides trading or investment advice, recommendations or endorsements of any kind. The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.