Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Serialization warning
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-07 12:12:55

Sulakshan Vajipayajula wrote:
> Hello Robert,
> Thanks for the response.
> The warning is also seen with the latest 1.43 version of the Boost
> library also. I tried compiling with the g++ 3.4.6 and noticed the
> same warning. Is there a particular complier option required to
> disable this warning (or perhaps resolve)?
>
>> I am encountering the following warning when using virtual base
>> class pointer to serialize a derived class. The same warning is
>> displayed for all sample test programs that come with the
>> serialization library. The compiler used is g++ version 3.4.3.

I'm not seeing any such warnings on my own maching (gcc 4.3.3)
nor in the test matrix. a couple of things to check:

a) check the switches that you use when you compile and compare
them to the standard ones that bjam uses.

b) check the tests in the "type_traits" library to see it such a warning
is related to the module which the serialization library depends upon.

Robert Ramey