Subject: [Boost-users] About Using Boost.Python in msvc9 with /MTd and /MT Runtime Libraries
From: Isaac Lascasas (isaaclascasas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-10 13:40:41

After a quick look at the documentation and user list messages I have found
that using Boost.Python with msvc MTd or MT Runtime Libraries may have some
problems. My first try with Boost.Python gave me this error:

c:\work\src\boost_1_43_0\boost/config/auto_link.hpp(297) : fatal error
C1189: #error : "Mixing a dll boost library with a static runtime is a
really bad idea..."

Then I found that it was possible to use the BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB macro.
This worked fine. I am using python 3.1, I have installed both the x86 and
x64 python versions in different directories. Can someone explain me why I
need to specify this macro and why "Mixing a dll boost library with a static
runtime is a really bad idea"?

Regards,

Isaac Lascasas.