Subject: [Boost-users] [Program Options] Linking both statically and dynamically
From: Anthony Foglia (AFoglia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 19:13:50

We are trying to link boost program options both statically and
dynamically in an executable but when the executable finishes, it glibc
reports a "double free or corruption" error.

The odd linking arises because we have a common library for our project
with some modifications to program options (in particular a parser with
built-in help and version options), but our executable code still refers
to program options directly (both because it needs to use functions and
classes from program options, and because the code hasn't been updated
to use our custom parser.)

We are linking dynamically to the system-wide program options library,
but our utility library is built and linked to statically.

(Our build system is boost-build, which determines the linker line.)

Should such a linking be possible? Our workaround is to force all
linking to program options to be static, which I think I've figured out.

--
Anthony Foglia
Princeton Consultants