Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [date_time] how to generate a random date?
From: richard.carless_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-05-14 04:47:36

You'll probably find it more simple to generate your random date in the
seconds domain, and then convert that back to a date.

I don't know the specific boost function for this.

Cheers
Rich

Internet
saygenius_at_[hidden]
Sent by: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]
14/05/2010 09:26
Please respond to
boost-users_at_[hidden]

boost-users_at_[hidden]
cc

Subject
Re: [Boost-users] [date_time] how to generate a random date?

Thanks a lot, much more efficient...

SA

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Joost Kraaijeveld <
J.Kraaijeveld_at_[hidden]> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 15:21 +0300, Saygin Arkan wrote:
> Hi,
> Does boost's date provide a random date generation?
> Or somehow should I generate my own date and then pass as a parameter?
>

> date GeneratorUtils::getRandomDate() {
> int year, month ,day;
> day = 1 + rand() % 29;
> month = 1 + rand() % 11;
> year = 1980 + rand() % 25;
> date d(year, month, day);
>
> return d;
> }

date GeneratorUtils::getRandomDate() {

return (date d(1980, 1, 1) + date_duration(rand());
}

--
Groeten,
Joost Kraaijeveld