Subject: [Boost-users] [profile_templates] Unable to run the template profiler
From: Nathan Crookston (nathan.crookston_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-14 13:22:31

All,

A template metaprogram I've written consumes too much memory when
compiling on VC8. To debug this, I'm trying to use Steven Watanabe's
template profiler. Unfortunately, I've been unable to run it
successfully on my code. After some casting about I found [1] which
resolved some initial problems, it seems. As a sanity check, I tried
the following:

ncrookston: ~/boost/tools/profile_templates/test
$ bjam toolset=msvc
error: Unable to find file or target named
error: '/boost//regex'
error: referred from project at
error: '../src

I'm definitely not a bjam/boost-build expert. Does anyone have
suggestions on how I can fix this?

My platform: XP 32-bit using VIsual Studio 2005 (VC8)

Thanks,
Nate

[1] <http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2009/05/152016.php>