Subject: [Boost-users] [Asio]Question about error_code when socket::close
From: Comet (cometliao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-15 08:53:01

The documentation says, " Any asynchronous send, receive or connect
operations will be cancelled immediately, and will complete with the
boost::asio::error::operation_aborted error."
Is this the only way that boost::asio::error::operation_aborted be
passed to async handlers? I want to distinguish the error_code set by
calling socket::close from any other ways (like system error, network
error, etc), otherwise, I can't determine whether I should delete the
object in async handlers, because some have already been deleted after I
call socket::close.
If boost::asio::error::operation_aborted definitely means "socket::close
is called", I can distinguish this situation. I've tried using
boost::weak_ptr with boost::bind,but the performance decrease
dramatically.
thx.